• Hello to everyone, i want to show you my recent project of a hydraulic excavator CAT 330D-L.
    It will be totally hydraulic, even the rotational/translational motion.
    The first photos show the main part of the undercarriage machined from a full piece of aluminium by manual milling.

The next photos show the hydraulic rotational manifold.

Next photos shows the freewheel with its pin and sliders.

The next is the support of the freewheel.

The support+springs+freewheel assembly.

The rotational manifold+undercarriage assembly.

And with a freewheel.

See you soon....

• Thanks to griszaa and miho.
    Some other images of the undercarriage with the rotating platform.

The Platform has to be finished, rounded, smoothed and drilled everywhere.

• What a Great Job!!! Let us see more pictures please! And also wir a hand Mill???? Respect!

Gruß

Matze

Das Leben ist zu kurz zum ärgern!!! :essen:

• @ Griszaa,it will weight between 11,5 and 14 kg, depending on some technical choise i have to make.
    Thanks Matze. Yes, manual lathe and mill.
    In the next photos the first model of the shoes.

See you everyone...

• Thanks Charlotte, you are the first girl/lady i have got the pleasure to know in a forum like this. You are certainly original, my compliments.
    In the following some other images, the beginning of the work on the hydraulic cylinders.

• Hello Erik,

your work looks really good so far. Especially the hydraulic motor looks interesting. Did you build it yourself too? And if yes is there a chance to take a look inside or at least to hear what kind of a hydraulic motor it is?

best regards
    Luis

Grüße

Luis

• Many thanks, Luis.
    Yes, i have done the project and built it by myself. For now i can tell you that is an orbital motor with 7,8 cubic centimeters of displacemet. In a few days i will receive some CNC machined parts and test the torque output.
    My greetings,
    Enrico

• Hi Erik,

Zitat

You are certainly original, my compliments.

Thanks !!!. :)

Looks great what you are constructing here,nice work on the pipes. :thumbup:

A few pictures ago there is shown a hydraulic valve ,do you make them by your self also ?
    It looks great. :Top:

Greets,Charlotte :Winker:

If it isn't Big,it isn't Heavy . 8)

• Yes Charlotte, all you have seen is made by myself like the rollers in the following photos. The other photos shows the shoes molded by an external factory.
    I have put them under the model for now only to see the first sensation. I still have to drill the holes and to assemble the pins and the e-clips.

My greetings to all,

Enrico

• U R very fast with your building ... i also se a main arm of bagger ... show us some photo ... Good JOB :DD:

• Thanks Griszaa, i am not so fast as i seem. The work started several months before i begin to post here and the idea was born 3 years ago.
    I am not Superman, nor Harry Potter!
    With the next photos the story will reach the true time-line. In fact the model is not finished.
    I have assembled a complete chain and put it on the model...

• Hello everyone, now i show you the main arm and another little step forward: the model of the counterweight.

Now i have to fed it up, to sand and to paint it before the casting with aluminium....

• Thanks again Charlotte. Below the completed and painted model of the counterweight with a modification in the shape of the hooks due to casting requirement.

Today i have got the casted piece and i am very happy since it is better than i imagined, considering it is sand casted.

My greets, Enrico.