Lil Giants Workshop

• What my 1st workshop started as in 2001 inside my house.

What it has morphed into yrs later... I out grew this room 5yrs ago!

The NEW Lil Giants workshop I started building last summer... the square footage is 3x that of my house! :D

The walls were done with spray foam insulation more than 2inches thick... no drafts! It'll be warmer in here & cheaper to heat than my 90yo old house.
    Prepping the front 42x30 for cement last summer.

This area left as dirt floor is 18x30. This is where I made the vid "Pan with push cat".

I built two interior walls on the cemented area, this is the front & it's 24x30. The roll up car door is to the left of pic. This area will be where I do my metal cutting, grinding & welding... let the sparks fly!

This is the 2nd room (or middle) that is 18x30. Here I will have sit down workbench space around 3 walls, roughly 60 feet (18 meters) work space... gonna be oh so sweet!!!! :D I'll place a bigger mill & my current 12x30 lathe somewhere in this room too.

This is the east side of my building, north side of house. Not long after having the building completed, I started thinking about how I could "connect" my house to my workshop to make ease of travel between the two by not having to dress up in warm clothing during cold winter season... add a lean-to structure!
    So this summer's project will be to pour a cement pad 15x15 in that recessed corner of the house, then build the lean-to structure overlapping a foot of the cement pad for a sealed union. Then a new dirt work project for the Lil Giants fleet to start on this winter... dig a L15 x W4 x H7 foot tunnel, under the cement pad to the basement of the house.
    That should keep me busy for a couple of winters. :D

I'm about 15yrs from retirement, I'm lining up my ducks in a row right now (don't know if you Germans are familiar with that metaphor?) so I'm ready when the day comes.

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Lil Giants (1. Mai 2014 um 06:16)

• 03-Sterne03-Sterne03-Sterne

so this is what man call a hobby room 8o
    interesting wall construction, I am going to be an architect, but never seen a wall which consists of foam only.
    nevertheless, you would get laughed at the 'only' 2 inches insulation, because of the whole energy saving madness in germany :thumbdown::meinung:
    there are no such rigorous building restrictions in canada, aren't they?

I'm not sure about my grammar, sorry about this :(

you did great :DD:

Emanuel

• I do not recall what the R value is, but unlike asked or blow in insulation with vapor barrier, there is no chances of drafts with spray on foam. Being sided with tin as well & double pane glass, the-40C winter will not cost me much with this building. What sort of procedures must you undergo in Germany to meet code? And how cold does it get for how long? ;)

• Did the cement work around the house & between the shop.

Then the framework for lean-to went up a few weeks later

And then a mild day near the end of December the tin was added.

• Temporary lighting so I could get started digging tunnel mid July.

Just a few days ago the installation of the same 32watt led lights in lean-to, oh so much brighter!

Close to a cubic meter dug out in the last couple weeks

Dumping the dirt in the back (north end) of lean-to to level the grade, it's about 50cm drop.

The middle room of workshop, I moved in last November.

I need to shop for a bigger mill.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Lil Giants (9. August 2015 um 19:13)