New Volvo FMX kipper. Almost finished, need some tipping help.

• Hello Everyone,

Due to moving to another city it's been a while since I visited this forum. However I finished building a new Volvo FMX based on a LXY chassis. Hope you like ;-). It's a 6x6 with lockable diffs, it has a manual 3-speed gearbox, Servonaut light & sound and lot of reworked details. Everything works fine except the kipper, as you can see in the video

Externer Inhalt youtu.be
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

The cylinder is off course brand new, but that doesn't justify the weird behavior. I already replaced the 3mm hose to a 4mm one, but that only helped with the speed. Anyone has a suggestion what could be the issue? Thanks!

Sorry, I can't write in German, however I do understand it.

• Maybe someone else has a better idea, but I would say it is like a „slip & stick“ effect.

It might be the O-rings causing friction before starting the movement.

Is it better when loaded?

If I do not remember wrong it could dissapear after a while when the O-rings settles down.

Gruß Tobi

• I had the same problems, when my Cylinder was new. After a while and some loads it´ll be better and better.

Beste Grüße aus dem echten Norden!

Alex

• That’s true, with the 160 it takes a while 😀. Is your Volvo a THS one?

No, it´s a chinese one, but after some changes it works quiet good. I have a Video from last year. It shows it working without the new pump and valves (Premacon and Kampshoff) I don´t care that there is no real Volvo with this Arm.

Externer Inhalt youtu.be
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Beste Grüße aus dem echten Norden!

Alex