Need advice for an excavator

• Hi all,

First of all, sorry to post in english, but germans being the leader in terms of hydraulics RC models, I'd like to ask for an advice.

In the next weeks Ill be moving to Europe for vacation but also I plan on visiting TTM Modellbau (from which I bought my first model, the Stahl LR632) to buy a new hydraulic model.

At first I wanted to buy the STAHL Volvo A25C, a good companion for my loader but then I started to think about an excavatori which is THE dream I had in my mind long time ago !

Im a long time lurker and I know possibly any excavator model made in germany, but now I need an advice between theses that are around the same price :

Damitz O&K
    Wedico Cat 345
    Hitachi zaxis 470 (this one I dont know the price, seems more expensive than the others)

I know Damitz is great, from reading your forum I havent found one people complaining, if some owner would be kind enough to explain in english the Pro and Cons, it will be great.

The Wedico is new in the market, I guess there is some poeple complaining but I dont know why exactly, if someone would explain to me what the problems are, this will be very nice.

I prefer the look and size of the Cat 345, I havent bought from Wedico in the past and I dont know their customer feedback. the only advices I have are really bad and comes from the Wedico Dumper. I also read the problem the Cat 966 is suffering and that's why Im quiet skeptical about buying from this company and expensive model.

Still the extra cash nneded for an exavator is not small compare to the Volvo Dumper who is very good as far as I've been reading comments on.

Please give me any advice you think would be important to know before buying my next model.

Once again, thanks to you my german friends, I really should have been focusing in german language when at school ...years ago...

Dimitri.

Dimitri

• Hi Dimitri,

Doesnt matter that you post in English :grins:
    When you´re plannig to travel to Germany and buy a new excavator you also should check out this manufacturer:

https://www.modell-baustelle.de/www.liebherrmodelle.de

They build very nice Liebherr-Excavators. They have very much details and are working really proper! I just ordered one. The 944B "Abbruch"
    I tried out the damitz and the wedico and I hope I can give you some personal experiences on those models:

The Damitz O&K is very detailed and has powerful hydraulics. Even the motors for steering is hydraulic. It is an actual Model and
    is worth the price. But you got to have a little time for delivery :weglach:
    That would be a good choice!

Wedico Cat 345
    Its a cat :) The price is okay.
    Its a construction model - so if youre interested in building might be that the right thing. But you also can
    order it assembled an RTR.
    The drive train is not so good. The working speed is okay and the power also.
    I think it is the cheapest model at the moment.

If you got further questions - dont be afraid to ask :thumbup:

Gruß Alexander

:fuck: - M A N - Alles was Mann braucht :fuck:

Hintenrum ist kürzer als zu Fuß und Nachts ist kälter als draußen :thumbup:

• Alexander,

Thanks for a quick answer.

I checked the Liebherr Modell website and I must say Im really impressed, I like CAT and Liebherr the same, it really depends on which model but the 944 is really really nice, I love that one héhé !

If you ordred one recently, maybe you could explain why and what are the decisive point in buying from them. If I understand correclty, the price (basic) is almost the same as the wedico.
    What are the various options available, buckets etc...
    I guess this one is already built, as I live 6500 km from Europe, I need a model that is really reliable ! Even sending a replacement piece to my place is DHL only and cost and arm LOL.

Ill dig more the site and Im looking for videos to see the model in action.

thanks for pointing me the link, very useful.

Dimitri

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Alokocat (13. Juli 2010 um 14:52)

• Hi Dimitri,

sure i can explain you why i chose this model. In my opinion it is the best price/benefit model on the german market at the moment. It is very detailed - the hydraulic and electric components are fitted together and offer a very good performance. I had the opportunity to test the Model for 2 hours and i was very pleased. It met all my requirements on performance and design.

You can get different types of shovels and a demolition-arm is also available - this thing looks really impressive on the 944B. I ordered the demolition-version with 2 shovels and some extra items.

At the moment you have to wait up to 12 weeks for delivery. With Damitz its the same if not more :weglach: But you´ll be satisfied. Wecico is in stock at TTM if i am not fully wrong. Just search Youtube for Liebherrmodelle or liebherr 944B - Here in Forum there are some reports too!

I hope i could help you making a decision :grins::thumbup:

Gruß Alexander

:fuck: - M A N - Alles was Mann braucht :fuck:

Hintenrum ist kürzer als zu Fuß und Nachts ist kälter als draußen :thumbup: